5.4.10

Experiencias de trabajo

En The Society of Young Publishers se pueden leer testimonios de editores. Por ejemplo la experiencia de trabajo de la Publishing Director of the adult trade division en Simon & Schuster, Suzanne Baboneau:

«I moved back to Pan around the time that vertical publishing started in 1987, and I became assistant fiction editor. I didn’t start commissioning for seven years. I was lucky, I had great mentors and the time to read and report, and I’m still using what I learnt then now. I would council have patience, build up your knowledge, learn, build a foundation. I stayed there for 15 years, and eventually became editorial director of fiction at Pan Macmillan. In 2000, my boss moved to S&S, and I followed six months later. At that time S&S was a poor cousin to S&S US, so we had to work hard to build it up into what it is now. I’ve been there for the past ten years, and I think it’s getting harder to spot the next bestseller, things change for one day to the next».

No hay comentarios: